Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #10: Zebra Print
I never thought we’d end up doing a common design! I haven’t done zebra print in a very long time, so it was the perfect opportunity to get some practice in. This was also my first try using The Best Glue Ever with my nail foil! This stuff is AMAZING.
- Finger Paints - Gallery Glam
- Dollar Nail Art - Seafoam
Zebra print gifts!
I’m going to do a tutorial on the Zebra and Leopard nail art design.
1. Start with a shimmer/glass-fleck base. I’m using Nicole by OPI’s You’re a Star.
2. Next you’re going to sponge on three sheer colors: pink, blue, and green. I’m using Sally Hansen’s Digital, Pixel Pretty, and Hi-Def. Do these colors one at a time, wherever you want, in whatever order you choose.
To sponge it on, I’m using a cheap makeup sponge, torn in half, that was bought at a drugstore. Notice how I’m not using a whole lot of polish or a whole lot of space. By doing this, you have more control and you make less of a mess.
After you sponge the colors on, it’ll look dull. Add a coat of top coat/clear polish and it’ll be bright again.
3. You’re probably still thinking that it looks messy, but once you add a pattern on top, it looks so much better! First, do your zebra stripes in half of the nail (in a diagonal).
4. Now make your leopard spots in the other half of the nail.
Add your top coat and you’re done!