Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #11: Greek!
Today’s challenge has a Greek theme, and I wanted to do something different than the Grecian Dress design that I did a while back. One of my favorite patterns is the Greek fret/key pattern, so I decided to alter it a little bit and use it for this challenge!
Click here to check out Kelly’s Grecian nails!
- Savvy - French Cafe
- Dollar Nail Art Foil - Gold
- Recollections Glitter - Pesto
- Sally Hansen - Gilded Lily
- Finger Paints - Scenery Greenery
Here’s the tutorial for my “bright lights big city” nails. You can alter the colors to better suit your taste!
1. Start by painting the whole nail black.
2. You’re going to paint rectangles and squares with 4 different colors. I’m using neon pink, neon purple, neon yellow, and a bright orange-peach. If the shapes aren’t exactly perfect, it’s okay! They’ll be fixed later.
Keep in mind that you’re painting on top of black, so add a little bit of white to your colors so that they’ll show up on the dark background.
3. You can leave the colors like this, but if you want them to stand out more, you can paint over them with another coat (without the white mixed in).
4. With black and a thin brush, clean up the edges of your shapes. You can also use this to make your shapes smaller/thinner.
5. With blue, make dots in an L-shape. One line of the “L” should be in the black space between squares, and the other line of the “L” will overlap the squares.
Add your top coat and you’re done!