Trying my hand at plastic/Saran wrap nails!
Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #16: Queen
Today’s theme is queen! At first I was going to do something relevant to Queen Frostine from CandyLand, but I scrapped that thought and went with Queen Elizabeth II. I may not live in the UK, but Queen Elizabeth II is adored here in the USA! She’s always dressed to the T, yet her outfits are simple and not “busy”. For some reason I wanted my nails to be purple yet keep it in the “simple” category, so I searched until I found a photo of her in purple/violet. To top it off, I debated between rhinestones and a “jelly sandwich”. Sigh.
*The polish I used has a jelly finish, so for it to be completely opaque would take more than the 3 layers I already have on here. I knew if I did any more layers, it would not be pretty.
And, as always and until further notice, disregard the index nail. It’s still jankity. :(
Click here to check out Kelly’s royal nails!
- China Glaze - Creative Fantasy
- Dollar Nail Art - Rhinestones
Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #13: Cat of Approximate Knowledge
Today’s challenge was Adventure Time! This cartoon is hilarious, especially when you catch all the jokes that children typically would not catch. Today, I wanted to do something that didn’t require detailing and was very simple, so I did a jelly sandwich of glitters.
My favorite character in this show is a villain: Cat of Approximate Knowledge a.k.a. Demon Cat. Although he’s an antagonist and has only made one appearance, I adore him. His attitude and sense of humor matches mine in similar ways (besides the whole slaying/dismembering thing).
Click here to see Kelly’s Adventure Time nails!
- Finger Paints - Tiffany Imposter
- Revlon - Whimsical
- Milani Jewel FX - Gold
Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #10: Zebra Print
I never thought we’d end up doing a common design! I haven’t done zebra print in a very long time, so it was the perfect opportunity to get some practice in. This was also my first try using The Best Glue Ever with my nail foil! This stuff is AMAZING.
- Finger Paints - Gallery Glam
- Dollar Nail Art - Seafoam
My 3 new polishes from Zoya’s promo: Zara, Sienna, and FeiFei!
Nail Challenge #1: Plaid
Our first design of the Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge was plaid, and this is my design!
Click here for Kelly’s creation!
- China Glaze - Purple Panic
- Finger Paints - Gallery Glam
- It’s So Easy Stripe Rite - Ivory Metallic
- Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
Another unnamed glitter mix! I was inspired by KiD CuDi’s Man on the Moon II album cover.
(Top photo is without sunlight, bottom photo without.)
Galaxy Glitter! Custom mix.
Good thing I checked my e-mail, because I would have missed out on this! I needed some way to ease myself back into things (and I am RUSTY), and what better way than a request? A wonderful viewer named Emily needed something to go with her dress, and I created something simple but pretty and not over-the-top. I hope you enjoy it, Emily! Others my follow as well, of course.
I’m warning you from this point on until my nails are back to normal: they are nubs.
1. Start with creating a chevron french by sweeping in a diagonal from one side, then the other. This is L’Oreal’s After Hours. I swear, it’s dark blue.
2. Use a shimmery silver to outline. This is Sinful Colors’ Out of This World.
3. (OPTIONAL) I wanted to make the effect that there were petals floating in the background, so I painted over the dark blue with Sally Hansen’s Glass Slipper.
4. With a light purple (I mixed white with Sally Hansen’s Lacey Lilac), create a flower. I used a thin brush, but use what you have.
5. To make the center of the flower, I used holographic glitter pieces. You can use glitter, rhinestones, whatever you want.
Add your top coat and you’re done!
I think I’ll call these “Bright Lights, Big City” because they remind me of the city at night.