My @flossgloss order arrived today! I will continue ordering from these wonderful people. They’re so personable, who doesn’t love that?! 😊😺💅💎 #flossgloss #nailpolish #nails #note #sweet #lacquer #nailsofinstagram #instanails
Leopard-print nails and rhinestones, inspired by the great and wonderful Betsey Johnson!
Had to cut this nail all the way back again. You’ll only be seeing three nails for today’s challenge, because my index and thumb are TRAGIC 😔😣😓 #nails #break #nailartproblems
Got my 3 free nail polishes today. Thanks Zoya! 💅😁 #nails #nailpolish #zoya
Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #4: SpaghettiO’s
Hahaha… Kelly wasn’t lying when she said “Anything goes!”
This stuff was so popular when I was little. I mean, who didn’t like saying “Uh-oh, SpaghettiO’s!”?
Click here for Kelly’s design!
- China Glaze - Roguish Red
- Spoiled by Wet n Wild - Designated Driver
- Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
- Sinful Colors - Black on Black
So I guess I’ll be going to Sally Beauty during my break tomorrow… Time to stock up! 😍😊 #nails #nailpolish
Got some new glitter 😁✨🌟 #nails #glitter #nailart
How old are you now? - Anonymous
I am 19 years old as of today.
what made you want to make a tumblr devoted to nails? love em all<3 - bigdreamersgofar
Thank you! I started a Tumblr because it seemed like a gateway to meet other nail artists like myself, and I assumed correct. Previously, I had used Xanga as a blog and I wasn’t getting anywhere. Since Tumblr, I’ve met a lot of fantastic people and have grown as an individual. I’ve learned a lot from being here!
Did you expect to have this much success? - Anonymous
To be 100% honest, I didn’t! When I started my nail blog, I did it purely out of fun. I wasn’t expecting any type of publicity or serious recognition of any kind. I just did it because it’s my passion and something I’ve always loved!
I found you through Seventeen.com, are you a celebrity? - Anonymous
Yes, my hands made an appearance on Seventeen.com for a magazine-clipping design I did some time ago. Did I gain a lot of viewers from it? Yes. Am I celebrity? I don’t really know, haha. I am very grateful to have any relation to Seventeen.com, and I’m glad to have had the opportunity!
Have you decided if you’re going to move to Florida? And what area? - Anonymous
I still haven’t decided, although this cold weather is making Florida look quite nice. There are pros and cons to both! However, if I were to move down there, I would be in the St. Petersburg/Tampa area.
Are you anywhere else in the media? - Anonymous
I sometimes appear on Huffington Post/Stylelist’s Manicure Monday. Although lately I’ve been forgetting how to read a calendar. However, if an opportunity came my way, I wouldn’t pass it up!
Were you going to just stop doing nail art altogether? - Anonymous
NO. I couldn’t do that!
If there really was a nail polish/nail art convention, would you seriously go to it and/or help plan it? - Anonymous
….YES! I have literally daydreamed about a nail art con. And I would be even more ecstatic to help plan it! ***I AM VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS
Do you have your own nail salon? - Anonymous
I don’t! Ohio restricts me from doing nail art without a license. I understand the reasons, but just to paint? Makes me sad. Although, if I had the opportunity, I would be more than happy to!
Will you do more giveaways/contests? - Anonymous
Yes! I’ve actually been planning one these past couple weeks.
Elements of the periodic table to express what I love! The elements used are polonium, lithium, sulfur, and hydrogen.
After requests on ‘quests on ‘quests of people asking me to do a design for their high school, I’ve decided to do a generic tutorial for a high school design that you can alter and suit to your liking. Here’s the tutorial!
1. Start by painting your nails with the main color of your school. For example, if your school colors are red, black, and white, paint the nails red. My made-up school’s main color is an orange-y color.
2. If you want to make it stand out a little more, you can put some glitter on top of it. I’m using a coat of Essie’s Shine of the Times.
3. With your secondary color, paint 1/3 of the nail (or if your nails are really long, paint only the tips) straight across.
4. With a thin brush, make a line with your accent color. For example, if your colors are red black and white, you’d paint the the thin line white.
3. Starting with my index finger, you’re simply going to write the word ‘go’.
4. On the middle finger, write your mascot. My made-up school’s mascot is a wildcat, so I wrote “wild cats”.
5. The ring finger is a free for all. You can do whatever you want — you can put your sport, club, school symbol, anything. Mine says “bball” for basketball.
6. The pinky finger is also a free for all. I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do, so I made a heart. :)
Add your top coat and you’re done!