Just a simple and bright, wavy grid look!
Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #18: Ice
Today’s theme is ice! I went for a crystallized and cracked look.
Check out Kelly’s icy nails here!
- Orly - Boho Bonnet
- China Glaze - Dandy Lying Around
- Sally Hansen - Glass Slipper
Daily/Weekly Nail Challenge #13: Cat of Approximate Knowledge
Today’s challenge was Adventure Time! This cartoon is hilarious, especially when you catch all the jokes that children typically would not catch. Today, I wanted to do something that didn’t require detailing and was very simple, so I did a jelly sandwich of glitters.
My favorite character in this show is a villain: Cat of Approximate Knowledge a.k.a. Demon Cat. Although he’s an antagonist and has only made one appearance, I adore him. His attitude and sense of humor matches mine in similar ways (besides the whole slaying/dismembering thing).
Click here to see Kelly’s Adventure Time nails!
- Finger Paints - Tiffany Imposter
- Revlon - Whimsical
- Milani Jewel FX - Gold
My 3 new polishes from Zoya’s promo: Zara, Sienna, and FeiFei!
A slightly better shot of the unnamed mix I did previously, now with a little bit of sunlight! My mom calls it “fancy glitter”, but it reminds me of something antique.
An unnamed holographic blue/silver glitter mix!
Unnamed glitter combo! Inspired by a color combo of a dress I found on Pinterest. In person, it’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Hopefully the sun comes out soon so I can take a more accurate photo!
Galaxy Glitter! Custom mix.
Good thing I checked my e-mail, because I would have missed out on this! I needed some way to ease myself back into things (and I am RUSTY), and what better way than a request? A wonderful viewer named Emily needed something to go with her dress, and I created something simple but pretty and not over-the-top. I hope you enjoy it, Emily! Others my follow as well, of course.
I’m warning you from this point on until my nails are back to normal: they are nubs.
1. Start with creating a chevron french by sweeping in a diagonal from one side, then the other. This is L’Oreal’s After Hours. I swear, it’s dark blue.
2. Use a shimmery silver to outline. This is Sinful Colors’ Out of This World.
3. (OPTIONAL) I wanted to make the effect that there were petals floating in the background, so I painted over the dark blue with Sally Hansen’s Glass Slipper.
4. With a light purple (I mixed white with Sally Hansen’s Lacey Lilac), create a flower. I used a thin brush, but use what you have.
5. To make the center of the flower, I used holographic glitter pieces. You can use glitter, rhinestones, whatever you want.
Add your top coat and you’re done!
New Summery Design!